Beantwoord

Faulty Sony Xperia XA1 Plus but Sony says that BEN should replace it

• 29 January 2019
  • 5 reacties
  • 1053 keer bekeken

Dear reader,

I have bought a Sony Xperia XA1 plus on January 2018 from Ben.nl and it had a problem of yellowish taint on the screen's top left side.

Within a year's time it has already gone for 4 times repair through Sony (Dynafix) for the same problem and after 4th time, sony agreed that they would sacrifice me as new if they couldnt fix the problem.

However, they listed that they can not offer the same phone but a DOWNGRADE phone Sony Xperia X as it is sony's GOODWILL to keep their customers happy.

They pointed out that if I want the same phone, BEN.nl is responsible as European law, the gurantee lies with the trader.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Dear Mr./Mrs. Sridhar,
Thank you for contacting Xperia Support by Sony.
My apologies, I did not know that you wanted to communicate in English.
First of all to answer your question, normally the manufacturer is responsible for the repairs of a device. To store where you purchased the phone is always responsible for the warranty., and therefor also the one who needs to provide you with a new device. We are only the manufacturer. We want to offer the Xperia X to you as a goodwill for the inconvenience, and this device has up graded technical specs. So it is actually a upgrade. If you would like to get another model or device, then I would recommend to get in contact with the store and tell them it is not acceptable that this device has gone to repair for 4 times already.
But here are the specs of the Xperia X:
https://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/products/phones/xperia-x/
Could you let me know if I can arrange it for you?
Thanks in advance!
Please contact Sony Xperia Support again if we can assist you further. Feel free to visit our website: On www.sonymobile.com you will always get the latest news and interesting content.
Please send emails to the following adress: questions.nl@support.sonymobile.com.
The Service Request ID number provided in the subject of this message is exclusively for inquiries which are directly associated with this case. Please note that the request is closed automatically five days after you received our answer.

Dear Mr. Sridhar,
Thank you for contacting Xperia Support by Sony.
Unfortunately this is what we can offer, as I already explained to you a few times, we are the manufacturer and not the one you bought the phone from. Your warranty is valid with the store so you will have to address your questions about that to them.
I will wait for an answer from you until tuesday.
If I don't hear from you until then I will have to close your case.
Thank you in advance.
Please contact Sony Xperia Support again if we can assist you further. Feel free to visit our website: On www.sonymobile.com you will always get the latest news and interesting content.
Please send emails to the following adress: questions.nl@support.sonymobile.com.
The Service Request ID number provided in the subject of this message is exclusively for inquiries which are directly associated with this case. Please note that the request is closed automatically five days after you received our answer.
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

When contacting ben.nl customer service through phone, one customer personnel said that it is Sony's responsibility to replace the phone asked me again to contact Sony and the other one said I can send it to Ben's repair center (Dr.Fixit/Dynafix) and if it is not repaired for another 4 times, I will get a replacement by Ben's gurantee.

I see that Sony had already sent it to Dynafix for repair 4 times and I am sure i dont want to suffer again without a phone as Sony and Ben are pointing finger on each other with respect to guarantee.

I would like to hear, if you have any suggestions and if Ben.nl can handle my case in a better way.

Thank you,
Jeyakrishna Sridhar
icon

Beste antwoord door Romy 29 January 2019, 16:21

Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

Reputatie 5
Badge +9
Hi Jeyakrishna. I can understand that you want this problem to be solved. I will send your information to my colleague and he will take a look at your case. It is possible that I will contact you when I need some more information. Is that okay?
Hello Romy,

Thank you very much for your response. I really appreciate your help. Please let me know if you need any information.

regards,
Jeyakrishna
Reputatie 5
Badge +9
Hi! You're welcome. I will contact you as soon as possible!

I wish you a nice day.
Hi Romy,

Is there any update from your side on when you/your colleague will contact me? Sony has sent me the phone back to me.

Thanks!
regards,
Jeyakrishna
Reputatie 5
Badge +9
Hi Jeyakrishna. I can see that you allready had contact with my colleagues and that they have asked you to follow the e-mail so we can send you a new phone.

Reageer