Beantwoord

Ontvang geen verificatie SMS berichten van Google, Paypal etc.

• 7 July 2019
  • 17 reacties
  • 2508 keer bekeken

Ik ontvang geen verificatie SMS berichten van Google, paypal etc. Waarschijnlijk staan ze op mijn blokkade lijst. Kan een moderator de blokkades voor mij verwijderen?
icon

Beste antwoord door Romy 9 July 2019, 12:09

Bekijk origineel

17 reacties

Reputatie 5
Badge +9
Hi! Er was geen blokkade actief, maar ik heb voor de zekerheid jouw simkaart een kleine reset gegeven. Je kunt jouw toestel over een kwartier opnieuw opstarten. Mocht dit niet hebben gewerkt kun je er ook voor kiezen om de betaling via SMS uit te zetten.

Hello,

I have the exact same issue. I’m not getting any SMS verification codes from Google, and my bank (ING). This is happening since I ported to Ben. I was on Youfone before and always got these messages. When I searched a bit on the Internet, I found the following links which suggest something could have gone wrong while porting:

https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2743342

https://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?forumid=39&topicid=249391

Now I am not sure what to do, and this is very annoying, to be honest. Can someone help me with this issue?

Thanks

Reputatie 5
Badge +9

Hi Kalpik! I can understand that it must be very annoying! I tried to reset your simcard. You can restart your device in 15 minutes. Let me know if this has worked!

Hello Romy,

I restarted my phone, but I still cannot receive SMS codes, unfortunately.

Thanks

This is very disappointing. This means I'm locked out of all my accounts, and it started only when I ported to Ben. I like the network, but if I cannot receive verification codes, I might have to just port back to my previous provider, where I didn't have this issue! 

I searched a bit more, and it seems it’s a wider issue with the t-mobile network. Some topics I found on t-mobile community:

https://community.t-mobile.nl/simkaart-451/verificatie-sms-komt-niet-binnen-van-sommige-bedrijven-317621

https://community.t-mobile.nl/netwerk-347/ik-ontvang-geen-verificatie-smsjes-314873

Can this issue be escalated, please? Calling customer care is useless, as they are clueless about this, and insist that everything is fine on Ben’s side.

Thanks

Reputatie 5
Badge +9

Hi Kalpik! Thanks for the follow up. We spoke via Facebook and i've sent you a new simcard (I'm writing this for people with the same problem as you). Let me know if you received it and if it worked. :blush:  For now I wish you a nice weekend!

Hello Romy,

Thanks for sending the new SIM, but unfortunately, I have to report that it didn’t work. I’m still not getting any SMSs from Google, ING, etc.

In the meanwhile, I’m seeing many more topics on t-mobile community about the same issue. So it is indeed affecting a lot of customers (both Ben and t-mobile). I really hope this issue is taken seriously, and both companies can work together and find a solution.

Thanks

Just realized that I'm also not getting verification codes from airbnb. One more to add to the list. 

Reputatie 5
Badge +9

Hi Kalpik! Thank you for getting back with me. I am sorry for the late respons. We are closed in the weekends. I just called my colleague for your issue. She told me that they are currently busy with an investigation due to this problem. For now, we are collecting data from customers with this problem. When there is enough data they can see where the problem is coming from. I sent your client number to my colleague and they will take care of it. Because it is a problem where we don’t have a solution for (not yet). I can’t promise you when it will be fixed. My colleages will work hard to fix it. I am sorry for the inconvenience!

Hello Romy,

Thanks, I will wait for a week or so then. If it’s not resolved for me, then I have no option but to port out to my previous provider, where this was working. I love the internet speeds on Ben, but all that is of no use if I cannot get verification SMSs unfortunately.

Thanks

Ik heb exact hetzelfde problem en heb daarvoor inmiddels bij elkaar een uur aan de lijn gehangen met de klantenservice. Maar wat ze ook proberen, niets helpt. En omgekeerd geldt dat voor mij ook: sim-kaart in andere telefoon, reset, etc, niets helpt. Ben wel blij om er hier achter te komen dat ik bepaald niet de enige ben met dit probleem. Het ontstond toen ik vorige maand van Vodafone naar Ben overstapte en ook bij mij betreft het smsjes met verificatiecodes, in mijn geval van Google Nest en Visa Card. Als er kennelijk meer mensen zijn met dit probleem, is dat dan geen reden om eens goed uit te zoeken waar de oorzaak zit, mensen van Ben? Overigens wordt dit probleem ook geschetst op fora van andere providers.  Vriendelijke groet, Gert. 

Hello @gertmeijer

This is apparently a problem with the t-mobile network, and if you look on their forum, there are a LOT of people affected. The more annoying part is that they do not even want to acknowledge this as a problem, and insist that everything is correct on their side. Meanwhile, I've decided to port back to my previous provider, since I'm not getting any indication that this is being taken seriously at t-mobile (don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with the correspondence from people at Ben, but I'm afraid that they cannot fix this unless this is fixed on t-mobile end). But surprise surprise! I'm not even getting the sms that is sent with a porting code. So I'm now checking what can be done there. 

Reputatie 5
Badge +9

Hi Gert. Bedankt voor jouw reactie en goed dat je contact opneemt. We zijn inderdaad bezig met een onderzoek want dit is natuurlijk niet handig. Ik zal ook jouw klantnummer doorgeven zodat mijn collega’s meer data kunnen verzamelen. Ik kan geen oplossingstijd aangeven omdat het onderzoek nog loopt. Sorry voor het ongemak.

Hi Gert. Bedankt voor jouw reactie en goed dat je contact opneemt. We zijn inderdaad bezig met een onderzoek want dit is natuurlijk niet handig. Ik zal ook jouw klantnummer doorgeven zodat mijn collega’s meer data kunnen verzamelen. Ik kan geen oplossingstijd aangeven omdat het onderzoek nog loopt. Sorry voor het ongemak.

Hoe lang gaat dit nog duren Romy? Ik ben het een betje zat dat ik al bijna twee maanden met dit probleem zit. Ik wil dat Ben zo snel mogelijk met een oplossing komt, anders ben ik genoodzaakt de Consumentenbond oid dergelijks in te schakelen. 

Just an update. After switching to a different provider I am getting all verification SMSs normally. So there was definitely something wrong with the Ben (or t-mobile) network.

Reputatie 5
Badge +9

Thank you for getting back to us, Kalpik. Too bad the solution was to switch provider, but I am glad for you that the problem has been solved. 

Reageer